Janet World Tour : US leg
- January 3 – Richfield,OH – Richfield Coliseum
- January 5-Atlanta, GA-Omni
- January 6-Atlanta, GA-Omni
- January 9-Charlotte, NC-Charlotte Coliseum
- January 12-Birmingham, AL-BJCC Coliseum
- January 14-Richmond, VA-Richmond Coliseum
- January 16-Knoxville, TN-Thompson-Boling Arena
- January 18-Orlando, FL-Orlando Arena
- January 20-Miami, FL-Miami Arena
- January 22-St. Petersberg, FL-Thunderdome
- January 24-Albany, NY-Pepsi Center
- January 30-Worcester, MA-Centrum
- January 31-Philadelphia, PA-Spectrum
- February 4-Dayton, OH-Nutter Center
- February 6-Peoria, IL-Civic Center
- February 7-Milwaukee, WI-Bradley Center
- February 12-Tacoma, WA-Tacoma Dome
- February 16-San Jose, CA-San Jose Arena
- February 17-Sacramento, CA-ARCO Arena
- February 18-Oakland, CA-Oakland Coliseum
- February 24-San Diego, CA-San Diego Sports Arena
January 1 : Michael attends a Barbara Streisand’s concert at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas with friend Mike Milken.
January 5 : Michael gives a moving speech to claim his innocence at the NAACP Image Awards Ceremony at Pasadena Civic Auditorium. He also presents the award for Best Choreographer to Debbie Allen.
January 12 : Michael wins the trial for “The Girl Is Mine”, “Thriller” & “We Are The World”.
January 17 : Michael invites a group of disadvantaged children to spend the day at Neverland on Martin Luther King’s birthday.
January 18 : “Because Of Love” is released as the 4th single from “Janet” along with a live video! It peaks at #10 on Hot 100 Billboard.
January 22 : Janet & Rene attend the 51st Annual Golden Globe Awards at Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills where “Again” is nominated for Best Song For A film.
January 24 : Los Angeles prosecutors announce that they do not have enough evidence to charge Evan Chandler with extorsion.
January 25 : Michael & Jordy’s lawyers reach an agreement to settle the civil case. The Chandlers agree to withdraw their complaint against a confidential financial compensation and the trial is cancelled.
February 2 : Michael attends a concert of The Temptations at the Sheraton Desert Inn of Las Vegas with his date Lisa Marie Presley…
February 9 : Santa Barbara ‘s District Attorney, Thomas Sneddon Jr & Los Angeles ‘ District Attorney Gill Garcetty both set up a Grand Jury to determine if there is enough evidence to indict Michael and put him through a criminal trial. Miko Brando is among the first to testify.
February 12 : Jermaine, Katherine and Joe Jackson give a press conference in Las Vegas, NV. In a special tribute show, ‘Jackson Family Honors’ the Jackson family will reunite for the first time in twenty years.
February 14 : Michael goes to a Denver courtroom to testify that he did not steal the song “Dangerous” from Crystal Cartier as she proclaims.
February 15 : Michael wins this new trial!
February 19 : The whole Jackson family (except LaToya) is reunited at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas to rehearse & tape The Jackson Family Honors TV Special which is broadcasted a few days later around the world.
Janet performs “Alright”.
Michael does not perform but he presents two lifetime achievement awards to Berry Gordy & Elizabeth Taylor . His date for the night is Lisa Marie Presley.
The Jacksons performs “2300 Jackson Street” with Rebbie & the grandchildren including 3T.
Late February : Michael starts recording a new album at the Hit Factory Studio in New York City and he checks in the Trump Tower in Midtown
Frank & Eddie visit him often as well as the 3T, Austin Brown (Rebbie’s son) & Deepack Choprah.
March : LaToya films an erotic video for Playboy.
March 8 : Janet & Rene attend the 66th Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon at Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.
March 21 : Janet & Rene attend the 66th Annual Academy Awards at Dorothy Chandler Pavillion in Los Angeles, where “Again” is nominated for Best Song For A Film. Janet performs the song live but she does not win.
- Janet World Tour : Japan Leg
- Janet World Tour: US leg
- April 7-Inglewood, CA-Great Western Forum
- April 8-Inglewood, CA-Great Western Forum
- April 9-Inglewood, CA-Great Western Forum
- April 14-San Jose, CA-San Jose Arena
- April 16-Las Vegas, NV-MGM Grand Hotel
- April 20-Phoenix, AZ-America West Arena
- April 22-Albuquerque, NM-Tingley Colisuem
- April 23 Las Cruces, NM-Pan American Center
- April 24-Denver, CO-McNichols Arena (make-up date)
- April 26-Salt Lake City, UT-Delta Center – (make-up date)
- April 27-Salt Lake City, UT-Delta Center – (make-up date)
April 6 : LaToya is one of the very first celebrities to have a Celebrity Centerfold video for Playboy. She also releases a step aerobics exercise video, Step-Up Workout and a country album titled “From Nashville To You“.
April 7 : Janet attends the Party for Janet Jackson’s Sold-Out Concert Tour and Plaque Presentation for 10 Million Copies of “Janet” Album at Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California.
April 12 : Michael goes to Planet Hollywood in NYC
April 14 : Michael goes to see the movie “Stomp” at the Orpheum in NYC
April 18/19 : Michael is spotted in Orlando, close to Disneyworld.
April 28 : Michael accepts a Caring For Kids award during the Children Choice Awards at the City Center in New York CIty (where he rents a three bedroom suit at the Trump Tower).
May : Michael starts working on a remake of a musical named “The Seven Faces Of Doctor Lao” with special effect specialist Stan Winston.
May 14 : Janet performs “Throb” & “Anytime Anyplace” during the season finale of Saturday Night Live.
May 23 : “Anytime Anyplace” is released as the 5th single from “Janet” along with a video. It peaks at #2 on Hot 100 Billboard.
May 25 : Michael & LIsa Marie Presley arrive at Casa de Campo de Campo in Domenican Republic .
May 26 : Michael & Lisa Marie secretly get married in a 12 minutes ceremony only attended by Eva Darling & Thomas Keough!
June 4 : Janet accepts two MTV Movie Awards for her part in “Poetic Justice” live from the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California.
June 5 : Michael takes Lisa Marie & her children Benjamin & Dannielle to Disneyworld in Florida
Michael also pays a visit to Shaquille O’Neal to talk about a musical collaboration.
Janet World Tour : North American Summer Leg
- June 10-Columbia, MD–Merriwether Post Pavillion
- June 11-Columbia, MD-Merriwether Post Pavilion
- June 13-Kingswood, ONT–Kingswood Music Theatre
- June 18-Mansfield, MA-Great Woods Center for the Performing Arts
- June 21-Saratoga Springs, NY–Performing Arts Center
- June 23 – Pittsburgh, PA– Star Lake Amphitheatre
- June 27-Wantaugh, NY-Jones Beach Amphitheater
- June 28-Wantaugh, NY-Jones Beach Amphitheater
- July 3-Hershey Park, PA-Hershey Park Stadium
- July 5-Milwaukee, WI-Marcus Amphitheatre
- July 6-Moline, IL-Mark of the Quad Cities
- July 8-Bonner Springs, KS-Sandstone Amphitheater
- July 9-St. Louis, MO-Riverport Amphitheater
- July 12-Hoffman Estates, IL-Poplar Creek Music Theatre
- July 13-Hoffman Estates, IL-Poplar Creek Music Theatre
- July 19-Cleveland, OH-Richfield Coliseum
- July 21-Cincinnati, OH-Riverbend Amphitheater
- July 24-Columbus, OH-Polaris Amphitheater
- July 26-New York City, NY-Radio City Music Hall
- July 27-New York City, NY-Radio City Music Hall
- July 29-Raleigh, NC-Walnut Creek Amphitheater
- July 31-West Palm Beach, FL-Coral Sky Pavilion
- August 1-New Orleans,LA-New Orleans Superdome
- August 2-Houston, TX-Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- August 3-Dallas, TX-Starplex Amphitheater
- August 5-Englewood, CO-Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
- August 9-Irvine, CA-Irvine Meadows Amphitheater
- August 10-Devore, CA-Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavilion
- August 12-Mountain View, CA-Shoreline Amphitheater
- August 14-George, WA-Gorge Amphitheater
June 18 : “Throb” is released as the 6th single from “Janet” without a video.
Janet shoots the video for “You Want This” with The Kids.
June 20 : Big Boy, the first ever Jackson 5 single is re-released by Ben Brown, the owner of Steeltown Records along with previously unreleased material from the 1968 recording sessions at his studio.
June 23 : Michael visits Cab Calloway in a New York Hospital .
July 11 : Medias learn about Michael & LIsa Marie ‘s secret wedding.
July 25 : LaToya visits the Video Software Dealers Association Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
July 26/27 : Disguised in Cheik Arab, Michael attends Janet’ concerts at the Radio City Music Hall in NYC.
August 1 : Lisa Marie confirms that she is indeed married to Michael.
Janet is on the cover of Jet magazine
August 5 : Michael & Lisa Marie arrive in Budapest (Hongria) and make their first public appearance together as a married couple causing a media frenzy.
August 6 : Michael & Lisa Marie visit sick children at an hospital and meet Bela Farkas, a little boy in need of a transplant. Moved by his story they decide to fiance his operation that will save his life.
August 7 : Michael shoots a teaser for his forthcoming album with a whole army of russian soldiers! Jimmy Safechuck is an assistant on the set.
August 9 : Michael & Lisa Marie fly back to New York where Michael resumes the recording of his new album.
Michael introduces Lisa Marie to the Cascios.
August 10 : LaToya is a guest on Howard Stern in NYC.
August 11 : LaToya does an In Store Signing of her First Ever Erotic Video at RKO in New York City.
August 12 : LaToya is a guest on Late Night With Conan O’Brien in NYC.
August 20 : Michael & Lisa Marie are on the cover of many magazine around the world (Jet, Hello, Paris Match ect…) with the exclusive pictures taken by photograph Dick Zimmerman in NYC.
August 27 : Michael hosts the wedding of Miko Brando & Karen Hamilton which takes place at Neverland (he is Miko’s best man). But he has to leave when he learns the tragic death of Dee Dee Jackson ( Tito’s ex wife and mother of the 3T) who was found dead in her swimming pool by her boyfriend Donald Bohana.
The Jackson family gathers at Hayvenhurst to support Tito and his kids the 3T after hearing the tragic death of Dee Dee who was found dead in her boyfriend’s swimming pool.
September : The whole family (except LaToya) attends Dee Dee’s funerals. Michael pays for the funerals and later he invites 3T to New York and produces their first album “Brotherhood”.
Katherine, Joe, Randy, Alejandra, Jermaine, Lea Bongo, Genevieve & Randy Jr move from Hayvenhurst to Beverly Park while the house is undergoing renovations due to extensive damage cause by the Northridge earthquake.
September 2-6 : Michael & Lisa Marie visit France (Nice, Cannes , Paris & Disneyland) and spend time with Prince Al Waleed who wants to launch a production company with Michael.
September 8 : Michael & Lisa Marie open the MTV Video Music Awards Ceremony with a big kiss live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City,
Janet attends the ceremony where she accepts an award for “If”.
September 24 : Tom Sneddon & Gill Garcetti announce that there is not enough evidence to charge Michael with child molestation…
October : Michael & Lisa Marie are on the cover of Ebony with an exclusive interview of Michael by Robert Johnson.
Janet is on the cover of VIBE Magazine
October 8 : Michael & Lisa attend an Elvis Presley tribute gala in Memphis with Janet & Rene and Lisa’s mother Priscillia Presley
Michael starts recording a duet with Janet.
October 11 : “You Want This” is released as the 7th single from “Janet” along with a video in black & white. It peaks at #8 on Hot 100 Billboard.
November 1 : Janet attends her makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin’s benefit toasting his new book “THE ART OF MAKEUP”.
November 5 : Laurent Hopman visits Michael at the Hit Factory Studio in New York and gets to listen to 3 songs from the new album (“Earth Song”, “Stranger In Moscow” and “Smile”)
December 10 : Adrian Grant visits Michael in Chicago where he is recording songs with producer R Kelly.
Michael makes a photoshoot for the album’s booklet with his nephews Jeremy & Jourdynn & his cousins Elijah & Levon
December 24/25 : Michael makes a break in the recording sessions to celebrate Christmas at Neverland with Lisa Marie, her children and the Cascio family.